Mirrors Doorless

I've had the mirror brackets and the mirrors that install onto the upper door hinge. I prefer the door hinge mounted mirrors. I found that when i relocated my mirrors i could not see them when i put the doors back on. However, living in SW Florida i never put the doors on. But i can remove the hinge mounted mirrors quickly if needed. I bought some heavy duty ones out of Quadratec - can't remember the company - around $100 for the pair and love them.

I believe most states are the same when requiring only one rearview mirror. Here it is a special restriction on an individual's drivers license to be required to have outside mirrors. Very few are required to have outside mirrors.

fyi: if you get rugged ridge mirror movers, cut the little overhang on the back end off, they will prevent you from sliding your door off. Dont even get me started about why someone would make a mirror moving bracket that you cant take your doors off with.

Sun preformance (the company that make the brackets) just became an official sponsor here, and they offer mirror relocation brackets to Jeepz members for only $20.66

http://www.jeepz.com/forum/4x4-vendors/24192-mirror-relocation-brackets-light-brackets.html

Most people don't even know my mirrors are moved. You don't really notice them unless you look for it.

I really like the looks of these...hope he has a set of them soon for the JK that are under $50.00!

Last edited:
Here in MA it USED to be that you needed the driver side and interior mirrors. Now they are trying to enforce the old "whatever it came with from the factory" rule. That means both door mirrors must remain. I installed CJ style brackets and 6 inch round convex mirrors (which I was used to from my truck). Great road visibility and I can see my rear tires. I drive with the doors off quite a bit and have not been stopped yet. I even got my last inspection sticker with no top and no doors. All the instector said was "Cool Jeep!!". As a side note, they have just started inspecting airbags here. All airbag equipment must be present and working. So much for a TJ to CJ dash upgrade... Must be the insurance lobbyists wanting to protect their income. I sure hope Big Brother doesn't squash out too much more of our fun... Best of Luck - John

Back