Mirrors Doorless

Dan9

hey guys. i am just curious as to how many people actually have moved their mirrors so they are still on without the doors. the relocation brackets are like 60 bucks or something for an 03 tj. does anyone just not have any mirrors without the doors? do you get pulled over? its still freezing where i live, but ive been thinking a lot about my first summer with the jeep:lol: does anyone have any pics of their jeep with the mirrors moved. they are different for the 03-06 so those are the years i am looking for. thanks guys.

edit: sorry guys, i just saw terry's post about this with pics and everything. i am still curious about the getting puled over part though. i dont really like the way the mirrors look when they are moved, the cost of the brackets, or the fact that you cant see out of the passenger side mirror. i really dont want to move my mirrors and what is the penalty anyway? the only problem i forsee is the fact that i planned on having my doors off just about the whole summer, so eventually i might run into a problem. any insight in greatly appreciated! thanks

Last edited:

They do make mirrors that you can install without the new brackets. They just bolt on through the holes on the top bracket for your doors when the doors are off. Where to buy them I have no clue though, just seen them.

hey guys. i am just curious as to how many people actually have moved their mirrors so they are still on without the doors. the relocation brackets are like 60 bucks or something for an 03 tj. does anyone just not have any mirrors without the doors? do you get pulled over? its still freezing where i live, but ive been thinking a lot about my first summer with the jeep:lol: does anyone have any pics of their jeep with the mirrors moved. they are different for the 03-06 so those are the years i am looking for. thanks guys.

edit: sorry guys, i just saw terry's post about this with pics and everything. i am still curious about the getting puled over part though. i dont really like the way the mirrors look when they are moved, the cost of the brackets, or the fact that you cant see out of the passenger side mirror. i really dont want to move my mirrors and what is the penalty anyway? the only problem i forsee is the fact that i planned on having my doors off just about the whole summer, so eventually i might run into a problem. any insight in greatly appreciated! thanks

I will look into it and try and get you some insight!!:)

Check your state laws to see if an outside mirror is required by law, or call your highway patrol.

Only 1 mirror is required here in IL, so the rearview on the windshield is plenty as long as the view to the rear is not obstructed.

It's been mentioned here before........Harley mirrors will work - bolt right into the hinges when the doors are off. Most other motorcycle mirrors will not work because they thread directly into the handlebars. The Harley mirrors have a longer shaft wth a nut on the end....worklike a charm and can be had cheaply off eBay.

When I still drove my Jeep on the street I had some CJ mirrors on it. I just took the mirrors and mounted them to my windshield hinges via some bolts. I lined the mirrors up where I wanted them and drilled and tapped the holes. I was never without mirrors and they didn't get in the way too much. You can score some CJ mirrors for much less than those "relocation brackets."

Check your state laws.PA law is 1 mirror.So rear view is fine.Also check to see if it is even legal to have the doors off in your state.Some states have laws against having no doors,I think PA is one of them still need to confirm that before I take mine off.

This is what I use.
267lg-2.jpg
Get them here.
I have them mounted to my safari door but you can do it pretty easily like the picture above.

Attachments

• IMG_1354small.JPG
    IMG_1354small.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 3,258
  • IMG_1358small.JPG
    IMG_1358small.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 3,064

me n my buddy road around all sumer with his doors off in no mirrors in we never got pulld over

I dont see why you need side mirrors on JEEP, i think the rear view is plenty, but it is the law.

Terry, see much out of the passenger mirror?

Side mirrors are the law, only in a select few states. Most only require one mirror, and the one on the windshield suffices.

Terry, see much out of the passenger mirror?

With the doors off, I have full visibility, but with the doors on, I can only see about 1/2 of the passenger mirror. Another drawback is that I had to get shorter door limiting straps - if you open your door too far, you'll bump / move the mirror.

Overall though I like them, and wold buy them again.

Not to sound like an old maid here, but this is a safety issue, as well as one of convenience. That is, there is a reason for the laws. Suck it up and put the mirrors on. Your doing so will make you and those driving around you safer.

Only time my doors are off is when the roof is down.There is not 1 blind spot with the roof down and no side mirrors.Still have the rear view to see who is tail gating me.Happens alot,Jeep is not that fast on the highway.

thanks for all the responses everyone! southtj, i like those mirrors. only 20 bucks for the brackets is sweet too. in the mean time does anyone know what the law is in ny? thanks

hey thanks tony. i found what i was looking and hoping for.
10. a. Every motor vehicle, when driven or operated upon a public
highway, shall be equipped with a mirror or other reflecting device so
adjusted that the operator of such vehicle shall have a clear and full
view of the road and condition of traffic behind such vehicle.

notice it says "a mirror" meaning the rear view should be adequate. im not 100% sure on that so if someone thinks i am wrong i would appreciate the help. thanks, i might just get the mirrors or brackets anyway.

PA is the same

§ 4534. Rearview mirrors.
No person shall operate a motor vehicle or combination on a highway unless the vehicle or
combination is equipped with at least one mirror, or similar device, which provides the driver an
unobstructed view of the highway to the rear of the vehicle or combination. This section shall not
apply to any special mobile equipment, commercial implement of husbandry or implement of

Back