JK Manual Gear Frustration

gcaron3

Hello. Looking for someone who may be able to assist me with describing or providing information to my dealers service center for a problem I am experiencing. I have a 2007 2dr Sahara manual. When starting out from a stop the gear will slip out of 1st gear when giving it gas. I can let out on the clutch without this occurring, and have verified it is when I press on the gas to accellerate. It is inconsistent and I have been to the dealer 5 times and each time they have been unable to replicate the problem. I am very frustrated. They have replaced the shift boot (Upper and lower) but will not go any further until they are able to replicate it. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or provide information on what it may be? I am no where near a mechanic and could defintely use some assistance. thanks.

Have you Tried to duplicate it with the Technician from the dealership?..

Yes and it never does it when I need it to. I have even rode with the tech 2 or 3 times. They have tested it approximately 5 or 6 times themselves and it of course has not been replicated for them.

Unfortunately, the concern must be duplicated to diagnose the cause. that's the Training that all Chrysler technicians are supposed to do..Verify, Isolate, Repair and Verify repair..Since there is now a History on file while the veh. is under Warranty, you should still be able to adress that concern under warranty even when your 3yr/36000 mile warranty expires...I have checked for any related cases and or Service bulletins , but no matches found..

I forgot to provide an update. After leaving my Jeep with the Service Department Manager for 3 days he was finally able to replicate it. They fixed it and the problem never happened again. With all of that I have traded it in for a 2009 X (Orange). I had a couple roof leaks with the hard top and after getting all the seals replaced and a return trip it leaked for a third time in the same location. I missed having a soft top so decided to use the money that would purchase a soft top down on a new one (w/ soft top). So this story certainly has a heppy ending as far as I am concerned.8)

I also have a JK manual.

I have the same issue...but it only happens when I am performing a lazy gear change...if I double check that it's in 1st, I have no problem.

What did they do finally to fix it?

I am also interested, I am a similar problem with my 05 tj. Sometimes when I am either getting in first or reverse, it acts like the 4wd is in neutral. I have to reach down, jostle the 4WD handle, and then it will work fine... any ideas?

Excuse me as about all I know about vehicles and maintenance is how to drive to Jiffy Lube for an oil change :) Anyways, finally when they were able to replicate it popping out of gear, they ordered a bunch of parts. What I was told basically is that they had to replace the syncronizors, and believe they did this for first and second gear. I all they ordered about 6 parts from the list I saw, don't know what I did with the paper else I would list each of them out. Once that work was complete I did not have that problem anymore. Wish I could provide you all with a more detailed and thourough explaination, but as mentioned I am not extremely knowledgable about repairs, I just know I love to drive my Jeep :)

Back