wet okole seat covers

Greencuke

here is my conundrum. ive decited that the stock vinyl seats in the wrangler are a bad idea. they are very hot and sticky in the summer, and very, very cold in the winter. ive been looking around and the 3 types of seat covers i can seem to find are vinyl, fabric, and neoprene. vinyl is obviously out, adn fabrics seems like a bad choise as it seem it would hold in water and become a problem in the long run. Wet okole seems to have pretty nice covers in two types: universal and custom. the custom is designed to fix the factory seats like a glove and are compleatly neoprene, but the set would cost about $400. the universal is a less perfect fit, but i assume it wouldn't be that bad, but the entire thinkg isn't entirely neoprene, but the bulk of it is, and would cost half as much. im just wondering if anyone has any experence w/ this product and could tell me the universal is a bad choice for any reason. thanx for your input

Reggie[addsig]

I have a friend who has the Custom Fit Wet Okole covers, and im not sure if you're familiar with what neoprene is commonly used for, namely wet suits for surfing and scuba diving, and the problem with neoprene is that when it gets wet it takes hours to dry when hung out to dry in the sun, and should you ever get caught with your top off like my friend did a few times last summer, be prepared to ride around with a wet ass for almost a week
image-missing.png
... as far as the other covers go i purchased a set of Best top seat covers last summer, i really like them, they're made out of the same material as the best top soft tops, and although they dont claim they are water proff, they are to the best i can tell, in the summers i ride only with a bikini/duster combo so when it rains my seats get wet, and the seat covers never stayed wet after i brushed all the water off...i would highly recomend them, not only do they look good and fit great they're 1/4th of what the wet okole covers cost...picked up a pair for like $89.99

Quik[addsig]

the covers u have, the soft top material ones, how are they in extrememe temps, i.e. really hot and cold, cause thats my chief concern w/ what i have now.

Reggie[addsig]

Greencuke:

I have had the Wet Okole's "custom fit" for at least 4 years without any problems. I understand concerns with wetsuit material, as Quik8slvr says, but being a surfer for about 30 years, I have not found these to have the same characteristics as wetsuits as far as drying or even odor problems. I would buy them again, whenever these wear out. If your concerned about rain or mud, several places sell "Grant" brand slip cover for those serious situations. Try summitracing.com (800) 230-3030.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Greencuke,

I live in Ocean City maryland and as i said in the summer time its strictly bikini/duster cover, and my jeep sits in the sun all day long, after a whole summer, going on a full year of use they've not faded at all, they hold up fine in the heat although i went with black because that matches my tops, and if the seat is directly in the sun it can be a little warm on the behind, but definitely a huge improvement over the factory vinyl, those blasted seats would feel like they were melting to my legs
image-missing.png
[addsig]

ok, im like them, they look sharp, so im gonna get 'em. the question is would the universal fit ok, or should i drop the xtra cash and go for teh custom?

Reggie[addsig]

I've been looking at those for quite some time too...Here in Florida, the rain can take you by surprise and my seats get soaked quite often in the summer. They are pricey...but I'd probably drop the extra cash and save the cost of a replacement seat when it starts rotting away. Just a thought on the matter...[addsig]

I just wanted to put in a vote for the besttop seat covers. I bought them mostly to match my top and did not put a lot of thought the performance. I have had them on for almost two years. They have held up great and I have not had any problem with extreme weather both hot and cold. Hope this helps.

Todd[addsig]

hmmm...i guess i like 'em cause they look really cool. i can get them to match my jeep and such

-Reggie[addsig]

dont know if you want cloth seats but i would be glad to trade and i will even give you some cash to get rid of them they are gray and out of my 88 lorado yj they set weid to me i am love the vynal ones in my 91 they are buckets and the ones in my 88 are like captain chairs real comphy but different[addsig]

Neoprene stays wet for hours? Hmmm I grew up surfin in So. Cal, and my wetsuits always dried in under an hour, after surfing all day. They have neoprene seat covers at Costco for $15 a pair and they do not stay wet at all. I have these on my YJ. It rained over night, and all I did was use a towel to get the standing water off the seat. They were dry immediately!!!!!!! I were dress slacks to work and there was not wet spot on them when I got to work.[addsig]

Back