My new Ground Pounder Fab Jeep bumper

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I just finished painting and installing my new Jeep bumper from Ground Pounder Fab, and I've got to say it rocks.

I was half-heartedly looking for a new bumper when currupt4130 told me to email Eddie from Ground Pounder Fab. Eddie gave me a great price on an unfinished bumper. I ordered it, and in a week I was driving over to his place to pick it up. The standard bumper came with tabs for offroad lights, and I paid a few bucks extra to have a hoop mounted at a slight angle.

I painted it myself with a rattle can, and I think it turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_1670_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1670_jeep_bumper.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 10,275
  • IMG_1671_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1671_jeep_bumper.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_1672_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1672_jeep_bumper.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1675_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1675_jeep_bumper.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_1677_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1677_jeep_bumper.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,388

Before and after

Some before and after bumper photos

Attachments

• IMG_1666_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1666_jeep_bumper.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,179
  • IMG_1669_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1669_jeep_bumper.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 2,388
Painting

Here's how I picked up my bumper, and getting ready for paint.

Attachments

• IMG_1661_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1661_jeep_bumper.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_1663_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1663_jeep_bumper.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_1664_jeep_bumper.jpg
    IMG_1664_jeep_bumper.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 617

Looks Awsome Terry!! I really like it! Great Job on painting it. Are you gonna mount some lights on it?

I haven't decided if I like the lights or not yet. I don't have any lights to go on there either. What I was toying with was to make a custom highlift mount, that went on my front bumper.

Nice paint job Terry! Rattle canned mine too.

X2 on Ground Pounder Fab!

Yep, Eddie builds one tough bumper. If you need one for your CJ/YJ/TJ/LJ he can build whatever you want option wise (tire swing, jerry can, hi lift, hoop, winch mount), and at a decent price too! I got a rear one for my YJ, and he even made a bracket for my M416 Military Trailer wiring harness plug too. Next I need one, well 2 actually, rear then front for the finacee's TJ X. Wish I got corner protectors on mine, they come off the ends and go forward to protect the lower corners, hers will have them. Would already have them both if I didn't have to rebuild my engine this past winter.....

He's on this forum, his Username is BESRK if you want to shoot him a PM. Need a spindle, latch, or frame tie ins for your bumper build? He can help you there too. He has pictures that he can send you also.

Be well,
Richard

Attachments

• Copy of '87YJLaredo (1).jpg
    Copy of '87YJLaredo (1).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
Eddie builds some damn fine bumpers. I picked up a rear from him last winter. Had 4 guys around the 250lbs range hanging off the tire carrier and not even a wiggle. If you want an exceptional bumper get a hold of Eddie.

PC080091.jpg

MOAB20091631.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to toss in a shameless plug for Groudn Pounder Fab. I came across this just doing a google search for Ground Pounder Fab and thought it was cool to see so many people that like Eddie's stuff. Eddie is a great guy and one of the nicest you'll meet. He's a personal friend of mine and I can't say enough good things about his work or him.

Back