How much does a 350 conversion cost

do you want a high torque like work truck engine? or like a high horse corvette engine?[addsig]

just make sure the mileage is way under 100 grand if you're buying it used...all that money into a conversion like that is not worth it if the engine's gonna die on you...i attempted it once...but the bellhousing was $400 alone and i gave up.[addsig]

i spent like $5500 for reman engine, reman TH350, and all new engine components, plust exhaust and labor, if you went with a used engine/transmission you could probably do it for like $4000-$4500 gota figure labor and custom exhaust will cost you between 1000-1500 plus you need adapters, engine mounts and other crap, this conversion will nickle and dime you to death, but god is it worth it, there's nothing like having almost 300 hp and well over 300 lbs of torque in a jeep, just beware that you'll eventually need new axles the dana 35 in the rear just wont hold up if you have a heavy foot

Quik[addsig]

Around here 350 chevy motors are about a dime a dozen. We live in a small town, it is not uncommon to see rednecks with engines hangin from trees. (That is no joke either..) But seriously though- I would think that if you are mechanically inclined you could pick up a 350 motor fairly cheaply- (around $3-400??) and then buy a rebuild kit from summit racing for another $500. In fact, a cheap stroker kit only would add a couple hundred- (hmmm, 383 in a Jeep?!?!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
) It all depends on how mechanically inclined you are and how much you want to do yourself or if you rather take it somewhere and pick it back up a week later.

-I would rather do it myself and when the $$$ tree starts blooming again I hope the Jeep will be breathing through 8 cyclinders instead of the small 4 it has now...[addsig]

i odn't know what jeep you have but check out advance adapters they have a book with all the conversion stuff you'll need. A 350 is a great motor with no shortage of parts and performance stuff anywhere. I would recommend calling them or emailing them.[addsig]

-redneckYJ

you should stay with the four banger until you learn how to drive your jeep
image-missing.png

but if you have the money you should do it
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back