Best Carb to buy for the 258

All the info about switching carbs is great and I may have to go that direction at some point but, I am in the middle of a total tear apart and rebuild. Everything looks good except one thing. One of the metering rods is worn at the end. I have looked everywhere for it and can't find it. I have the Carter BBD. The metering rods have 2143 stamped on them when looking through a magnifying glass (yes that is what happens when you get old). I have tag numbers and numbers from the carb body. No one can find them for me.

Any help would be great.
P.S. Can't afford a new carb. Been laid off since Nov, using borrowed cars, can barely pay the bills but need to get the jeep up and going.

P.S.S. It is a i6 258 out of a 79 Cherokee put into my 84 CJ7 thanks to may people helping out with the swap from this forum.

Thanks to everyone. I am on the home stretch. Next is body work.

X9-79 or X9-76 Napa carries both $389. not worth one penny though cause its a carter , I would have it rebuilt its a lot cheaper if its only till you can afford the swap to either a Weber , or a motor craft

I'll send you one. If you will shoot me a pm with address. It will be placed in the mail tomorrow.

McMud, I can't send a pm. If you could send me one with your email address I will then send back to you my address and other info.

Thanks in advance.

McMud sorry, even though you can pm me I can't reply to it. The system keeps saying that I do not have enough posts to be able to pm yet. Once I post 10 times then I can send pm's.

Sorry, this is such a pain but, again if you can just send me your email address then I can send you my info directly to your email. If you don't want to do that I understand and I will just post trivial crap until I am able to pm.

Thanks

It is not a pain, I and this fine forum are here to help folks as well as sharing our common interest(sickness). I was unaware of the restriction. A security thing I suppose.
You have mail.

Hey folks, I have not been able to locate the metering rods with the 2143 ID. Nearest I have is 2170. I've contacted all that I thought could locate a source, several have looked but none have turned up.

If you happen to have a BBD thats just taking up space I would hope that you are willing to look inside to see if you can help this fellow, I know that he will be grateful to you.

Back