Please help, mechanical problem

Dittrich31

I have a 1995 wrangler rio grande 2.5. For some time now the jeep will stutter and loose acceleration until i take my foot off of the accelerator completely the reapply pressure just for the same stutter and loss of acceleration to happen 5-10 seconds later. I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump since it was loosing fuel pressure, but it started doing it again. Another problem I am having is my idol drops below 250 when comming to a stop in neutral. Can someone give me some ideas of what may be causing my problems, thank you

Check the IAC solenoid and make sure the the throttle body is clean.

Could be the fuel pressure regulator, or a leak somewhere in the system. SteelHeadz's post got me wondering, could the IAC cause problems even if you are on the accelerator? I'm having similar issues with my 1994 stroker motor.

I just noticed the same problem with the idle dropping when coming to a stop in neutral... 95yj 4 cyl. too...

I just noticed the same problem with the idle dropping when coming to a stop in neutral... 95yj 4 cyl. too...
Is your speedometer working? I had this same problem with no input from the VSS.

The speedometer is working fine, I think it may be a vacuum hose or something, I just got this thing a few weeks ago so I still need to replace the hoses and fluids etc.

Check the vacuum pressure, and also take out your fuel rail and make sure it is not messed up. I had a VERY similar problem (except for the idle part) and I changed fuel filter, fuel pump, and then my fuel rail develped a leak. When I took the rail out, it was full of what can only be described as "mud", so as you can imagine, the injectors were toasted... Changed injectors (bought the 19# mustang ones) and a new fuel rail, and it worked just fine from there on...

Back