Jeep turns over but does not run

BaconYJ

I have a 1989 Jeep Wrangler with the 2.5L. It currently has prebreakage: D60 front, 14bolt rear both with 5.13 gears and Detroit locked, 35 inch BFG mud terrain tires, a Fabtech 3.5ing spring lift and a few other crap tastick bolt ons that will someday disappear.

Quick history:
I broke the TC back in October 2006 and decided it was a good time to upgrade the drivetrain (transmission, tc, clutch, etc.). During the process of collecting the money, parts and time needed to work on it, I made sure it started and ran for 20-30 a couple times a month. Did this for about a year total. (shame on me i know) So for the last year and and a half plus it has just sat.

New/replaced parts:
-SM465 transmission
-1992 NP231 with an AA slipyoke removal kit
-Novak Adapters SM465-NP231 adapter
-Novak Adapters Jeep 2.5L to SM465 bellhousing with clutch/slave etc.
-Green Machine reduxion starter
-New stock fuel pump (3 years old)
-New battery
-New spark plugs

The Problem:
The engine turns over while trying to start the Jeep but it will not continue running. Fuel does flow to the throttle body so it is not a fuel pump problem. But the fuel does not seem to get past the injector. I have not yet checked to see if the distributer is recieving and sending a spark.

My thoughts are:
A- The fuel injector above the throttle body is clogged.
B- (my fear) When removing the flywheel i messed up the positioning of the Crank Position Sensor. In this the ECM is recieving its information at the wrong intervals to produce a spark. When putting everything back on i was mostly sure (over 50% now) that everything was replaced correctly in relation to the CPS.

Any suggestions, questions, queries, conundrums are very welcomed. I miss wheeling and want to get it back on the trail before my 95 year old grandpa comes to visit in 2-3 months.

Thanks,

Bacon

All the old fuel has been siphoned and new high octane has been added with a fuel system treatment/cleaner. And all fluids in the engine, transmission, tc, etc has been replaced.

Verify timing would be the first thing i would do. Verify that the position and airgap of the CKP from the stock bell housing and the new bell housing adapter is accurate in comparison. If any of these are incorrect, it will cause the injector not to pulse and the firing order will also be out of sequence.

Back