Weird white stuff in my oil cap?!?

chinard

Yesterday i was checking the oil in my old CJ and when i pulled off the oil cap i noiced this white greasy substance caked onto the oil cap when i removed it.

I'm pretty much running a new aluminium valve cover and i have had the oil changed recently plus the oil pan gasket and main rear gasket replaced. I'm thinking that maybe its some bubbled up RTV, anybody else seen that happen?[addsig]

it is white, creamy, and sticky? maybe your jeep achieved orgasm...[addsig]

You have water in the crank case, block or head may have a crack or head gasket gone bad. Some how water has gone and got in there. That is what Tug Thinks!<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> Moderated by: Dingus</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> and now for the real clincher<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> it is white, creamy, and sticky? maybe your jeep achieved orgasm...

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> Dingus that is sick man...I can't believe you posted that. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> You said it Ray heheheheh thats really funny Tug[addsig]

white creamy and sticky?

now now... thats not what you ORIGINALLY posted dingus
image-missing.png

I mean my jeep has been extremely happy with me since i put on my TFI, but not enough for that to happen
image-missing.png

Anyways, if water in the crank case would be the cause then that would explain a few things. I left out one piece of information.

You see i've had a problem with my dipstick shaking loose and letting oil spill out occasionaly. I gotta get a new dipstick for it that isnt so beaten up. As it happens i was checking the oil because that damn dipstick fell out again and i lost a bit of oil again. (thats probably when water got in) When i pulled off the cap it was all caked up on top of the oil cap.

So that being said and done, do i need to change the oil again to get rid of it, or will it work itself out?[addsig]

Change it asap and you may need to change it twice to get ride of the water. Good luck Tug

If your jeep achieved orgasm... I have a few questions. What kind of fule do you burn? What mods do you have? or do you just explain this by the way you drive! You are da man and you have a very lucky Jeep!

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
Tug[addsig]

Back