noob question

staquinas

I just bought a 2003 Sahara with a hard top. I would like to get a soft top of some sort. I don't know if I have the hardware (I'm guessing not, lol- but seriously, I would not have any idea).

I really just want the most economical way to keep it dry in the summer. I have a daughter so keeping the back dry to is a must. I don't really need it except for emergency showers.

Any help with this question would be great- thanks.

get a safari top.I bought a bikini top (only covers the 2 front seats)and a windshield channel from jc whittney for 54 bucks.youll prob spend 10-20 more for the safari (longer,covers the back seat also).Pretty easy to put on.I did it for the emergency situation too ,for riding without the hard top.But with this nice weather Ive just left it on,its alot cooler not havin the sun beatin on ya.

hope it helps

I bought a standard tarp and leave it in the back just for those cloudy days.No I cant drive with it but atleast when I park I can cover it up.Cost me about $15.If you wanted a full soft top your looking at a few hundred for a cheaper canvas with all the braces you would need.

"I don't really need it except for emergency showers."

If that's the case 4Wheel Parts carries an emergency soft top by Pavement Ends for $119.00. As far as I can tell it has no windows but unlike a tarp, it is fitted for the Jeep and pretty secure.

Pavement Ends Emergency Jeep Soft Top, Black

1997-06 TJ Wrangler and Rubicon;Top is compact, lightweight and easy to store;Can be used in a moments notice in those sudden down pours;Made of rain-resistant PVC-Fabric

If it's made from the same material they made them from a couple years ago when I bought mine, "rain-resistant" means it'll hold it off for 5 seconds. Mine actually made it worse because the rain would collect and it would droop then leak straight through. Of course where it droops it was all concentrated on my seats:x

If it's made from the same material they made them from a couple years ago when I bought mine, "rain-resistant" means it'll hold it off for 5 seconds. Mine actually made it worse because the rain would collect and it would droop then leak straight through. Of course where it droops it was all concentrated on my seats:x

Well, I guess that pretty well settles that! For the price it was tempting but alas, too good to be true.

Well, I guess that pretty well settles that! For the price it was tempting but alas, too good to be true.

I got a hardtop on the new jeep and gave the temp top to my brother:twisted: He used it once:p

Back