Snorkel for tj

franklola

Does anyone know if you can buy a snorkel for a 2001 2.5l tj? All the ones I have searched are made for the 4.0l.
Thanks for any help

I am not sure on the TJ, but I am pretty sure it is the same as the YJ, where the 4.0L and 2.5L use the same snorkel (they both use the same airbox, and the TB are interchangeable).

My Safari Snorkel is the same part number for both 2.5L and 4.0L...

Remembering the days of my service in Uncle Sams Misguided Children (read USMC) Out M 151's had a fording kit as Marines specialize in beach landings. Had a snorkel not only for the intake, but for the exhaust as well. The puzzling this is the tops of these snorkels were about 6 inches over the driver's head.
The procedure for getting off LST's?
1. Push the foot throttle down about 1/3
2. Pull out the hand throttle matching main throttle cable extension
3. Stand on the door rail while holding your head above water, steering with your right hand.
...trouble was, more often than not, my Jeep found a hole in the beach approach ~glub glub~

Last edited:
Remembering the days of my service in Uncle Sams Misguided Children (read USMC) Out M 151's had a fording kit as Marines specialize in beach landings. Had a snorkel not only for the intake, but for the exhaust as well. The puzzling this is the tops of these snorkels were about 6 inches over the driver's head.
1. Push the foot throttle down about 1/3
3. Stand on the door rail while holding your head above water, steering with your right hand.
...trouble was, more often than not, my Jeep found a hole in the beach approach ~glub glub~

This is precisely why I never enlisted in the marines:roll:

Let there be no mistake . . . I have nothing but appreciation,respect and gratitude for the BEST amphibious force in the world, the United States Marines, bar none.

Not to worry, since I finished my tour on a Naval Air Station, I've heard ALL the jokes about the Marines, just water off our backs :)

1. Push the foot throttle down about 1/3 to 1/2
image-missing.png

Back