Rubicon Express lift???

Jeepr89

I was wandering if anyone knew the major differences between the RE 3.5" and their 4.5" lift kits? Is anyone running either of these kits and if so what are your likes dislikes? Thanks Evan[addsig]

the difference is about 1 inch..
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
sorry for the dry humor[addsig]

I'm not a 100% on this, but I've been researching the RE lift myself. Coincidentally, I am getting one of these lifts this summer. The 3.5" is what they call the standard lift package. The 4.5" is the Extreme Duty package and costs about $250 more. The only major difference I can see is that the Extreme duty comes with new boomerang shackles... which would give the YJ and extra inch. The springs may also be a bit stiffer, but I can't confirm that. Hope this helps.

I already have Heavy Duty shackles from UpWarrior on Stock springs, so I'm gonna get the 3.5" lift and save some $. You can get some HD shackles from MORE or Daystart for much cheaper than $250. Get my drift?

image-missing.png
[addsig]

The leafs or totally different, i dont think its just the shackles. Look at the military wraps on the 4.5" kit, im gonna run the kit this summer.[addsig]

I recently installed the 4.5 rubicon lift on my 93 YJ. The differences are mainly price, shocks, and springs. The springs are military wrapped and I opted for the old man emu shocks. I was satisfied with the completeness of the kit. I also bought the tailshaft kit and new drive shaft. The lift and shocks ride fine. I feel like a bobbing head doll at times but it has good flex and I feel like I could jump something if the oppurtunity arises and the suspension would absorb it.

By the way you will need to get bump stops otherwise you will scare your self the first time the fenders really rub!

Just so you know-

My total project cost including 4.10 gears, complete 4.5 Rubicon lift kit, tailshaft kit with new drive shaft, and new 33 procomp mudders was roughly $3000[addsig]

Never herd the 1st bad thing said about the rubicon express lift! that is a feat in it's own right. Should I spend good money on a lift any time soon this is the lift I will buy. Tug[addsig]

Get the 4.5". I have that on mine...you're right on it being complete. The only extras were shock boots and new u-joint. Total cost with the lift, 5 new 33" Wild Countrys on 5 AR-767s, 4.11 gears, new rear Moser axles, SYE, CV driveshaft, shock boots, and u-joint was about $3500...that kinda hurt but so will the new engine (right around 175,000 now) when that time comes. That's part of the game. You'll love the results so much...you can't wait to take it out and break something else. :) [addsig]

I think its a good question. But id be askin if anyone
new if either spring flexes better. so does either one
flex or ride better? just askin cause my buddy is
gonna lift his yj an Im tryin to get him to do a SOA
with old man emu springs. Do rubi leaves flex better
than emu's?[addsig]

Thanks for all the answers, as soon as school lets out and I can make some money I think I'm going to opt for the 4.5 kit. I appreciate all the answers :) [addsig]

Back