New Seats or Seat Covers

Hoyas 011

I have a TJ and now since its summer I have a safari top on and the problem is my seats always get wet whenever it rains or whenever I go offroading. There is nothing wrong with my seats now I was just wondering if I should upgrade to some new seats or if I could just get waterproof seat covers.

I have 2 points of advice...

1. get the neoprene seat covers

2. make the rain stop

Which ever is easier for you.

to replace a good seat with just another good seat is pointless. covers are cheap and effective.

I have covers,but if it rains too hard or too long they still seem to get wet..Garbage bags work great.:lol:

you dont want neoprone if your seats will be getting wet....They RETAIN water and take a long time to dry.

iggee seat covers!

You could always recover them with some marine type vinyl too. If you have a big sewing machine or know someone who does...it's cheap and easy.

I use big black plastic trash bags, called "Drum Liners".

These are used in 55 gallon drums & fit the bucket seats with a little extra room.

Nice to put on the seats when the bikini top is on, for wheeling.

Keeps the rain & cats off when parked overnight too!

here's my IGGEE's.
IMG_0047-1.jpg

IMG_0048-1.jpg

I (thought) I had neoprene covers, never absorbed water, water would puddle in the seat, I just got the water out and dry as a bone....guess I didn't have neoprene.. I sold the seats and covers a while ago so I have no way of verifying.

Back