2.5 Litre head gasket

$1500.00yj

Bad news from the jeep dealer. I brought it in for a rough idle problem and they said it need a head gasket or mabe a head. How hard is it to pull the head? The dealer wants $1200.00 to do it. I paid $1500.00 for the whole Jeep. Mabe that is why it was so cheep for a clean Jeep.[addsig]

Are you sure it is the head? Have you tried all the quick and cheap fixes for a rough idle? I would check everything before I had to change my name to "$2,700". Unless your sure it's the head, you might have to bite the bullet.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

If it seems to good to be true it usually is. I bought a one owner cadallaic seville special eddition this year for 500.00 drove it a couple of months and the block is broken so it is just trash now. aluinum block heads ect want 3000.00 for areplacememnt engin. I feel your pain. Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Depends if its the head or just the gasket thats bad, and whether or not you're carb or injection will determine how hard it is to do, with the right tools and a haynes manual you ought to be able to replace the head gasket yourself.

Quik[addsig]

head gaskets are ckae if it's carb..but as soon as your FI...your gonna be disconnecting and lebeling for a week alone...and there's the chance you'd have to send the head to a machine shop to get a couple shavings and rebuilds here and there...lets hope your carbed and just a gasket...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

It is pretty easy to replace a head gasket. Just take your time and label everything. I actually went around with my digital camera and snapped some pics before I took everything apart. It might take a couple days of working on her but its alot better than spending $1200...considering the gasket is only a couple $$[addsig]

I am gong to do it myself it looks simple compaired to my chevy motor. Ill let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the support.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

it is easy it just takes some time. I did one in my 87. pretty straight forward.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back