rocker guards

islandguy89

does anyone have any info on how to make your own rocker guards if anyone has made there own could you post a pic or give some tips and ideas here is a pic of the ones that i like

Attachments

• rocker guards.jpg
    rocker guards.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,648

I made mine, I posted in your "why I need paint" thread, I just some 6x6x3/16 angle iron with some 1.5" DOM welded on. I built them so long ago, I no longer have the pics. If you don't have access to a bender, you could make the step (if you want one) out os 1.5x1.5 square tube, would be easier to just mitre the ends and build the step that way.

Measure from one side of the jeep that you want to protect, muliply by 2 and then add another foot or so and thats what you will need to order.

I made mine out of 3/16 in. steel. I didn't make a step, though. I had them cut to approximately the right size, trimmed it up with the torch, and cleaned it up with an angle grinder. Pretty basic... and boring.

I ordered a sheet of .1875 (3/16) 1018 CRS steel and used a plasma cutter to cut out the basic shape, A local sheetmetal shop bent them for me for 30$ (6 inch on the O.D.). The under side has three tabs that fit into the jeeps body bushings, so you will have to grind the convexed part (domed) of the bushing off.
I have the pattern and I could mail you a copy.
Personally I don't believe in putting your sliders on your rocker knockers due to the fact that they hit first and could bend the tub. I run them separate, allowing me to replace the rock slider when I hit and crush them, thus protecting the tub with the rocker knocker.

Attachments

• rocker%20panels.jpg
    rocker%20panels.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 509

My CJ has the large rounded step bars and they work great

I made mine out of 3/16 in. steel. I didn't make a step, though. I had them cut to approximately the right size, trimmed it up with the torch, and cleaned it up with an angle grinder. Pretty basic... and boring.

You used angle iron?

This can come in handy when using the hi-lift on the side!

You used angle iron?

This can come in handy when using the hi-lift on the side!

Nope, I just got a nice slab of 3/16 in. steel. I think it is 6xfifty-something. They'll be there to pretty much just cover the nasty neutered rust spots. Plus, they're flat black. Flat black just says cool.

Also, I wouldn't want to jack my Jeep up with just a bolt on rocker. Sounds like trouble.

Back