Door? CJ vs YJ

Jambo21

AS I have found out winter time in a soft top jeep can get cold, and it is no where near it being as cold as it can get! Obviously CJ7 full and half doors will work on my CJ7. Up to what year will YJ doors fit on my jeep? All the way up to 95? will both YJ half and full doors work?

I think all the YJ and CJ doors are interchangable. Just to make sure, if the door latches to a loop style striker, it wont work on a CJ or a YJ. It has to be a Bolt style striker.
EDIT: Some YJ doors being half or full with a squared upper rear corner will not work on a CJ. Make sure its a rounded corner.

Shape wise all full hard doors are interchangeable CJ,YJ,TJ. But like SH said the latch and nader pin configuration changes. I have early CJ7 doors on my TJ for winter and trail use.
Also I second his edit note about the upper rear corner on soft upper doors.
I do find it kinda funny a person from So.cal saying it gets cold. Put a tee shirt on.:D

I am not really Southern California. I am in the southern central valley. It does get cold here. I am not talking teens but It can get cold (40's).

lmao @ 40 being cold!!!!Vacation in Alaska in January!!!

Really you are in southern CA. I bet you don't even get winterized diesel fuel there. We go out and play football and wash the salt off our cars in shorts in 40 degree weather.
Just teasing you.

Last edited:
Back