broken passenger seat (but not the way you're thinking)

fatty_chris

I have a 2006 Rubicon and the passenger seat is broken. if you're sitting on the seat and lean back, the left side of the seat bends back as if a bracket is broken. The right side stays put, so there's this strange diagonal lean. I tried to look at the bracket, but it didn't seem to be very simple.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Is there any way to fix it? I don't want to replace it because adapter brackets are way too expensive. Thanks for any help.

I have a 2006 Rubicon and the passenger seat is broken. if you're sitting on the seat and lean back, the left side of the seat bends back as if a bracket is broken. The right side stays put, so there's this strange diagonal lean. I tried to look at the bracket, but it didn't seem to be very simple.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Is there any way to fix it? I don't want to replace it because adapter brackets are way too expensive. Thanks for any help.

sounds like one of the brackets have come loose. look under there and look for something loose and get someone to move the seat while your looking. it might just have to be bolted down.

I had the same problem with my '05... I just took it to an interior shop. It felt like the lower half of the seat was broken, but it was actually something up top. Anyway, turned out the owner was an old Jeeper, so he welded up whatever was broken and beefed it up a little, too.

My problem was the seat itself, the side bar in the lower cushion had snapped in half. May not be the same issue as yours, as mine was pretty easy to diagnose - passengers kept complaining of being stabbed in the arse whenever I accelerated.

I looked at it with a friend of mine, and there isn't anything that's obviously broken. The problem seems to be a missing bolt where the seat back meets the cushion, but when we looked at it, there didn't seem to be anything missing. The brackets looked the same as the driver side, but we didn't take the seats out. Would that be something that wouldn't be observed with the seat still in the Jeep?

I looked at it with a friend of mine, and there isn't anything that's obviously broken. The problem seems to be a missing bolt where the seat back meets the cushion, but when we looked at it, there didn't seem to be anything missing. The brackets looked the same as the driver side, but we didn't take the seats out. Would that be something that wouldn't be observed with the seat still in the Jeep?
you might have to take it out. if you do look for some sort of separation and them bold or wield it together if possible.

Before I got my seat fixed up, my dad said the same thing, looked like a bolt was missing. Evidently wasn't the issue?

Back