Death Wobble

Wranglerman21

I have a 2004 Wrangler and I just installed a 2.5 inch Rough Country lift. After installation i have a serious wobble between 40-50mph. I havent gotten it Aligned yet and when I installed the shocks witht he lift the shocks seemed more like steering stabilizers than shocks. could the shocks be bad????? the kits from Rough Country and it comes with the 2.2 shocks. I know this post is really hard to understand........sorry hahahahah:???:

ya i have a 89 yj w the dw put in new bj ,tie rods,helped some but still there at 60mph.......?whatta think,john.

Last edited:

Bounty Hunter made a very good suggestion on the forum here somewhere about lifts. He suggested putting in cam bolts on the front lower control arms and suggested camming the front axle all the way out (forward) to regain the castor. When I did my 2 inch lift I took some measurements (best I could) and Bounty Hunter was right on. The extra "length" that the cams provided put my axle pretty near where it was before the lift and my Jeep handles perfectly. If you bring it to a shop they will most likely add these bolts before doing the alignment. You can get them at NAPA if you want to do it yourself - just ask them for the FRONT alignment cam bolt kit for a TJ. Make sure it's the front kit. The guy got me the rear kit first by mistake. Best of luck - John

Back