Wheel interchangability year/model

rremr1964

I have an opportunity to buy a set of `84-85 vintage mag wheels from a cherokee, cheap. Question is , will these bolt directly to a `95 Wrangler?
(They are both 15"). Thanks .

It'ld be a good idea to check the BHC. (bolt hole circle) I don't remember when Jeep went from 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 :???:
My 80 CJ5 had 5 on 5.5 and my 87 YJ had 5 on 4.5

I have an opportunity to buy a set of `84-85 vintage mag wheels from a cherokee, cheap. Question is , will these bolt directly to a `95 Wrangler?
If that '84-'85 is the Cherokee XJ then they will fit (5x4.5"). If that jeep is a Cherokee SJ (Grand Wagoneer type) then it won't work, those are 6x5.5".

Jeep bolt patterns
41-86 CJ most are 5 on 5.5
but some early cjs and djs are 5 on 4.5
87-06 YJ,XJ,TJ Etc 5 on 4.5
07-JK beleive 5 on 5.5

First, thanx for the the replies. The cherokee the wheels are from are from the XJ series. I remember the Grand Wagoneers, the last of a breed they were! JB

If it is off of a CJ then no they wont fit Cjs had 5/5 and wranglers up untill the jk has 5 4.5 just to give you a heads up have a good one the easiest way to tell is to check to see how big the hole is in the center of the wheel if it looks loke manuel loking hubs will slide in them then they wont fit just a heads up!!:D

When people post you need to say Example: I've got a Wrangler.
Yeah that does not tell us the true model is it a YJ,TJ or JK.

What model Cherokee? Little XJ 84-01?

BH you are right the XJ was originally designed by AMC in conjunction with Renault. So can I accurately give blame to the French for the 5x4.5 BP? :D

It was already answered in the third reply. Due to the years mentioned in the original question it can't be just a simple yes or no answer as was pointed out in the third reply.

I`m confused now- how many TJ`S or JK`S were built in 1995?:???::???::???:

Look at the third post, it was answered there.
In your original post you did not specify if the Cherokee the rims are from is an XJ or SJ, both were made in 84-85. Regardless that was covered back in the third post.
Neither TJ or JK were made in 1995. TJ was 1997-2006 and JK is 2007- present. How does the TJ or JK relate to this?

Back