Jeep salvage yard??

kc jones

I'm looking for a new tub of at least some skins for my 86 cj7. Does anyone know of any good salvage yards for jeep stuff near San Antonio tx. And I hear early model wrangler bodies will work with some mods. If this is practical what years will I need to look for.
Thanks.

and body from 76-95 will work. for 87-95, only two mods needed. the body mounts behind the front seats needs to be cut off the frame and moved (very simple) and the defrost dust in the tub needs to be cut, again, very easy with a hole saw and sawzall.

there are a coupld Jeep specific yards all over the country, but you will pay a premium.

Personally I would search for a jeep from the south that has a motor/transmission/electrical etc issues and pick it up cheap, part out what I don't need, scrap the rest.

Figure you could get it for about $300-$500 buck, probably make half that back if you just scrap it with your old body swapped on, plus what ever small parts you can sell on ebay.

Hey thanks, I've been looking for a donor cj and haven't had much luck finding one reasonably priced and in good shape. Hopefully being able to use a broader range of jeeps will help. By the way Johnny, saw your build post. Sweet jeep. Looks like you've done some pretty trick stuff.
Thanks again
Casey

CJ dash will bolt right up to the YJ tub. while at it, you might want to keep the YJ steering column, a little bette rthan the cj one and should fit like a charm. the pigtails are the same up to 91.

I was needing a lot of body panels and could not find them for a decent price. then the goverment gave me and lots of friends lots of cheap parts. I found a junk yard that had 6 jeep wrangler yj that they got from cash for clunkers. got half a jeep tub, full cage, all the leaf springs and lots of other things and
i paid 300 cash and they loaded it all on my trailer. I have sent several of my friends down there and they have all gotten what they have need, very cheap. Just a thought.

Thanks guys. I'll check it out. I found a 94 yj tub that apears to be in good shape as far as potos can tell.$400 but it's a six hour drive to get it.

Back