My dream... help me with visuals

pizaba

Ok,

so i'm a newbie member. so a real quick insight into my jeep dream. i LOVE me some mudding jeeps. i also love me some "one man army" type stuff. so my dream is basically to have the "i'm the zombie hunter Pizaba, here to save all you helpless sexy girllies from the unstoppable zombie horde" setup. yeah.. i've got weird dreams.

moving on, i have little to almost nothing done to my 04 wrangler. what i want is in short a mobile armory. luckily i live in Texas so it won't be too big a issue if i'm rolling around armed to the teeth.

here is what i currently have on the jeep:

x2 smittybilt G.E.A.R. seat covers (that molli gear stuff)
x1 smittybilt G.E.A.R. tailgate attachment (more molli gear)
smittybilt bumpers and side steps

so far here is what is currently on my wish list:
1. rhino liner sprayed in to replace the crap carpet situation
2. more storage (open to ideas) needing to hold a beautiful AR15/ammo/one man army stuff
3. suspension lift (not sure how much... i still have to drive this to work while i wait for the zombie apocalypse)
4. tires/rims as per the need to have fun in the mud and/or crush zombie skulls
5. light set up (no idea if i want them on the hood/bumper/window shield/all of the above)
6. recovery kit. i'm already drooling over one of those farm jacks, but i was lucky enough to buy a jeep w/o ANY recovery stuff. no jack, no socket wrench... nada. so not only do i need that soon, i also don't want to by it over and over again
7. winch. i have no idea what i need, cause i know i don't wanna get something thats way more than what i need.
8. half doors. i really like the metal ones, but considering that when i'm rolling around with the half doors, i may be ok with the idea of the bar doors. and again, until the zombie apocalypse, i have to go to work in this, so not looking for extremes.

for starters, i think once i get past all this stuff, i may have a better insight to what i'm looking for in end product. my request to you is post pics or links or whatever that will show me the awesome. if you know of some sweet storage situations, pass them on, or if you now of a sweet gun rack, prove it.

obviously, i am a very poor person, but don't let that stop you from showing me the ubbers. as things upgrade and improve, i will be here happily posting away.

bonus internets for the people that show some sweet "one man army" gear. i am former inf, so i think i'll be able to spot bull**** when it comes across. since this is a zombie dream, please understand i'm only wanting the freaking sweet looking stuff.

Last edited:

OK, so first of all, we need more info. Like what Jeep you have, because I am pretty sure it is not a 2004 YJ! But lets assume it is a 04 TJ with the 6 cyl... The next question is how much you want to spend.

You could go to 35" MT tires, which would greatly improve your mud riding abilities (never tries MT's on zombies, so I dont know how well they work there!). The, to run 35's you will most likely need a new rear axle, and I recommend D44. While you are at it, you may want to upgrade the front as well, but it is not mandatory. For improved traction, a locker would be good, and you may want to change the diff gears to compensate for the new tires.

To clear the tires, you will need a 3.5" suspension lift, and this will most likely require a CV shaft and SYE for the rear. For the bumpers, if you can weld, it is cheaper to make than it is to buy, but dont know where you stand here. I do recommend a snorkel if you are planning on wet grounds (as it ussually is around mud!) to avoid hidrolicking (just dont think your jeep becomes a submarine simply because there is a snorkel; you still got to worry about the engine dying if the ignition fails!).

As for lights, IMHO, I use only 2 sets; a driving light set in the front bumper, and a high beam one. Currently, the later is on hood hinge mounts, but I liked them A LOT BETTER when they were on the windshield hing mounts (I had to movre them because of clearance issues with the snorkel on the YJ). There is simply a lot less light reflection from the hood in that position. I went with KC slimlights on the bumper and daylighters on top...

The winch, I recommend either Warn ($$$) or Superwinch. I personally run the Superwinch EPi 9.0 and I am very happy with it. You will also need to have a high lift; a 48" one will fit nicely on the rear behind the rear seat (you can use fence post hardware to attach it to the roll bar).

Regarding the half door, try to find some at a junkyard; it will be cheaper. You can always repaint them and the the inner plastic part new from quadratec or 4WD. I like the Rhino lining part, but it gets expensive to do. I dont have this on mine (want to, but have not done it), but did Line-X both bumpers and the rocker guards...

Here's what mine looks like ('94 YJ with 33's on 4" of lift with 2 sets of lights, bumpers and winch):

DSC00170-1.jpg

DSC00172-1.jpg

Here's where I have my highlift:

DSC00175-1.jpg

Now, having just written an entire love novel, the most important thing with the Jeep is to have fun in it, so go out and get it muddy as fast as you can (no aftermarket parts required for that!!!).

Felipe

Gun rack and a few ideas. Guns blazing when you exit the Jeep. No tales here, it's all real.:shades::D

Attachments

• DSC00231.JPG
    DSC00231.JPG
    895.6 KB · Views: 765
  • Jeep Pics 006.jpg
    Jeep Pics 006.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 2,343
  • Jeep Pics 011.jpg
    Jeep Pics 011.jpg
    786.9 KB · Views: 1,820
  • Jeep Pics 010.jpg
    Jeep Pics 010.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 1,097
  • Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 622

Here's some more.

Attachments

• DSC00232.JPG
    DSC00232.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC00233.JPG
    DSC00233.JPG
    771 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC00234.JPG
    DSC00234.JPG
    959.7 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00237.JPG
    DSC00237.JPG
    361 KB · Views: 171
Mikey, if there is any zombies that show up at my door, I'll just give you a call and you can come and take care of them. :party::mad:

Unfortunately, here in Mass, gun racks are frowned upon. The most you're supposed to carry on them is a level. I don't know why I continue to stay here. Now ( since 1998 ) we're not supposed to transport any guns unless they are in a locked metal container (or have trigger locks). :evil:

Mikey, you've got one impressive setup there - awsome rifle rack. ( but we already knew that! ) . - John

I need the gun rack where did you get it. Tired of the one gun one I have hanging from the seat.

WOW. i thought it was crazy at the ranch shooting booms for targets!! and trying to killing your new dodge, But letting everone one know how us country boys roll.Got to keep them on there toes... oh ya, dont think for a min. thats all MAD MIKES TOYs hes always working on something new!!!! and a little BIGGER

steel,

thanks for the sweet pics man. you've already got alot of the dream. i like your gun rack, but i was thinking something like buying like a pet separator (one of those cage walls that goes behind the front seats, to keep that dumb dog of mine where it's spose to be) cutting it in half (so i can still reach into the back, i don't have the bench seat in, and plan on keeping it that way) and mounting it low. sound like a sweet deal, but i'm sure i'll screw up alot of things before it turns out. why i'd go with the pet bar is because it seems like it'd be easy to mod into a gun rack. i bet i could get an assualt rifle and a tactical shotty on there without much issue. then basically, with my molli gear seat covers with the right pouch set up... if anyone was to look into the jeep from the back, they would **** themselves because of the awesome

Unfortunately, here in Mass, gun racks are frowned upon. The most you're supposed to carry on them is a level. I don't know why I continue to stay here. Now ( since 1998 ) we're not supposed to transport any guns unless they are in a locked metal container (or have trigger locks). :evil:

Mikey, you've got one impressive setup there - awsome rifle rack. ( but we already knew that! ) . - John

True and false.. If you have a permit to carry concealled in Mass, you do not have to have a Side arm in a locked container. But other than that you are correct sir..

Just imagine in Martha Coakely won the election... Zero gun rights.

Back to the OP..

If it were me, I would simplfy your wishes and make them more practicle to your desired goal. you want to go Mudding. bumpers, fuzzy dice, rhino liner, storage, 8 ball shifter... None of that will help you get through the mud. (one can argue about bumpers for recovery, but stock points work)

I would focus on lift, tires, lockers, gears, protection and power adders. running throungh mud (while I still don't understand why you want to) will require those things first, with out those, you increase your chances of using the winch and recovery stuff. So I would get that first, then I would look into a winch and recovery gear.

Then I would start to consider some accessories like bumpers and storage.

Last thing I woud put on is naked women mud flaps cause they just damn cool!

so, not to get into a fight over mudding vs rock crawling, i'll avoid that whole part. when i say i want to go mudding, its not going to be an event that happens every time i have free time, i'll do it (and have been doing it) a couple times a month if i'm lucky. so all the cool stuff i want to do add to my jeep is because i have hit the realization that 95% of the time i'm in the jeep is on paved road. therefore, everything becomes "which ever i feel like spending money on next" if i go out and spend ubber $$$ on getting it to the basic mudding jeep standards, i still have things i want to do cosmetically. i'm not in a rush to have my perfect jeep, i'm happy with day dreaming and installing here and there addons. besides, i think you missed the part about my utlimate dream is to go zombie hunting in a mobile command unit/armory. if my head isn't in the clouds with that statement then i should join a mentally insane forum, not a jeep forum.

It was not ment to be a critism of what you prefer to do.. I ment that I don't understand why as in this being a daily driver, mud will destroy a vehicle. I have changed clutches with less than a couple thousand miles that were junk, when we pulled the clutch out, pounds of mud came out too. Mud gets into places. We recently started a back half on a friends TJ.. we cut from the rear spring perch back off to fab up some new frame rails. this was a 03 wrangler, frame was packed with mud and starting to rot from the inside out. I appologize for my coment.

Sweet setup for a gun rack. Hope you don't mind be scabbing off your idea (cause I'm gonna!). I like the power bar in the front too. If there was only a way to put a cupholder for chicken wings on it! Here's a pic of my Zombie killer.

St. Louise and Florida 885.JPG

hey no harm no foul. thought you were gonna go off on a moral road of anti-mudding. thanks for the heads up about mudd everywhere. i typically clean up with a pressure hose and if i get into some serious mud, i pull some plates off and try to clean there too. but, i dont get to mud often, so i'm not having to clean the thing all the time.

so heres my twisted idea for the gun rack. ignore the sizes cause this is obviously a crappy shop job. but thats the idea

Attachments

• jeep dream.jpg
    jeep dream.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 28,724
Back