:( Gas gauge blues :(

kc jones

I have been rackin my brain with this darn fuel gauge. I have read dozens of threads and done twice as many test and can't make heads or tails out of any of it. My question is does some one make an aftermarket fuel gauge that will work with the stock cj7 sending unit and if so who makes it.

Thanks,
Casey

Autometer Ultralite series is what i use. I don't remember what model # it is. it's specific for the CJ7 fuel sending unit specs. I purchased it from 4WDhardware .com a few years back.

Cool deal, thanks a bunch guys. I'll look forward to knowing my fuel level.

Ok I found the autometer gauge at jc Whitney for $42.99 and ordered it. They said i should get it in 2-3 weeks. Guess it's shipping from the moon or somthing but anyhoo it's suposed to be on the way. I'll post my results after I install it. Cross my fingers!

Ok I found the autometer gauge at jc Whitney for $42.99 and ordered it. They said i should get it in 2-3 weeks. Guess it's shipping from the moon or somthing but anyhoo it's suposed to be on the way. I'll post my results after I install it. Cross my fingers!

JC Whitney always takes a while to ship for me. One time I ordered a few restoration parts for a '69 Mercury Comet Cyclone from them and it took about a month for the order to arrive :D

Most Napa stores should have it in stock. I fixed the OEM one by adding a 12VDC to 5VDC regulator I bought years ago at Radio Shack!

Back