Cylinder Misfire?

grooveman

Fired up the Jeep this morning and it sounded like it was running on 5 cylinders. Pulled codes P0306 (Cylinder 6 misfire detected) and P0155 (O2 sensor heater malfunction (Bank2 Sensor1). I live in a cold climate and let the gas get low. Added some gas line antifreeze and let it run a while but its still running rough. I plan to start tearing into it when it warms up enough, just wanted to get ideas on what I should check first. Its a 2003 TJ, 4.0L.

Thanks!

Shot in the dark here- Are 03s coil over plug? If so I would start there.

Yes Kriss, it's a Coil rail system..

Grooveman, i would check the wiring at the end of the coil rail at the connector and where it routes across the rear of the cylinder head. Sometimes the wiring will chaffe on the engine block and create a short or a misfire in this case. The P0155 indicates a bad sensor all in all if the connector is good. Bank 2 meaning , the rear exaust pipe from the manifold and the top sensor which is sensor 1(Upstream O2 sensor).

Yes Kriss, it's a Coil rail system..

Grooveman, i would check the wiring at the end of the coil rail at the connector and where it routes across the rear of the cylinder head. Sometimes the wiring will chaffe on the engine block and create a short or a misfire in this case. The P0155 indicates a bad sensor all in all if the connector is good. Bank 2 meaning , the rear exaust pipe from the manifold and the top sensor which is sensor 1(Upstream O2 sensor).

Ok, as soon as it warms up enough I'll check that.
BTW, Kerrville close to my hometown. (Uvalde). Wish I was back down there.

Thanks for the help

LOL, yep, Uvalde, great place to go for hunting wild pigs. We have them here too but it's getting harder and harder to find ranchers that will let you hunt them off their property:cry:..

Back