SOA measurements

bpenosa1

So I am planning a soa lift on my 91 yj and i'm trying to get everything ready before i start. My question is about the driveshafts. Does anybody have a soa yj 4.0 5spd w/sye with stock springs that can give me some driveshaft measurements for CV style shafts so i can get them made up before i start the project? I'm hoping to do all this in one weekend as it my daily driver so i really cant do the lift then take my measurments and then have driveshafts built. Thanks

I would not buy the driveshaft based on someone elses's jeep measurements; there are too many variables. It's better to measure your own and be sure you are getting the DS length you need...

There are a lot of variables, like type of rear axle (pinion length), type of SYE, location of spring perches and centerpins, etc. I would wait and measure once the axle is in it's location and the weight is on the suspension. You can measure during mock-up as you still have to pull the axle to fully weld the perches and shock brackets.

even two vehicles that are identical will have different rear shaft measurments. you really should wait till it is done, and get the propper measurments for your application.

Well it looks like i'm gonna wait til after i get everything tore apart and mocked up before i order my driveshafts. Guess this isnt gonna be a weekend project after all. I was kinda hoping to drive the Jeep into the garage friday night and drive it out sometime sunday. Oh well.

Back