crank no start

registration45

i have an 89 jeep wrangler with a 2.5 litre. i have a crank no start. i had no fuel comming from the injector, i dropped the tank and replaced the fuel pump. ive got great fuel now, good spark, the valves are all opening, i have some pressure from the tailpipe while cranking. im concerned i have a compression problem. the jeep sat for about 4 years, it ran fine when i parked it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Perform a compression test, that should yield you some answers if that is causing the engine not to run. Having spark and fuel doesn't seem to go in the same sentence with a no start condition. with that said, is the IAC moving at all when you turn the ignition on?. The IAC trims the air vs. fuel during ignition. Just a thought.

I did a compression test today after work i got 70-90 psi. spec is 155-185. it's kind of looking like a rebuild or junk yard motor. i got it to fire up for about 1-2 seconds then it shuts down.

All good now. i coated the piston heads in 10w-30 for a bit. cranked the motor over, let the oil loosen the rings up. checked compression again- got 180 psi right off the bat! put the plugs back in and turned the key, 3 crank rotations and she popped off!! some white and blue smoke at first lol but she runs like champ!

Back