1 inch body lift and shackle lift

Yes...no problem at all. Like rubiconrich said, don't go with too long of shackles, and don't go with more than 2" body lift max. My personal max on a body lift would be 1".

It's possible, but I am not a big fan of either type of lift (although, if kept reasonable, they are not horribly bad). The reasons I don t like these kind of lifts are:

Body Lift: although 1" is about as high as I find reasonable, the higher the lift, the more leverage the body has on the bolt, and the more chances you have of the body coming loose from the frame in case of an accident. Are there people running higher lifts out there without issues? Yes. Would I do it? NO.

Shackle Lift: Not only puts more stress on the mounts as a result of the greater leverage, but also changes the caster angle of the axles. This could become a problem, especially in the front. Again, I have seen many people do it without issues, but I would not (I do run A BIT of shacle lift, but that's just so that I can run boomerang shacles in the rear)..

Yeah I don't want too much of a lift, I just got some new rubicon wheels and need them to clear the flares...I'm saving up for the bushwacker flares but those things are expensive...so in the mean time I'm getting a small lift to clear the tires.

Yeah I don't want too much of a lift, I just got some new rubicon wheels and need them to clear the flares...I'm saving up for the bushwacker flares but those things are expensive...so in the mean time I'm getting a small lift to clear the tires.

Save the money on the bushwackers; they are fairly fragile. I recommend either not doing any lift at all and getting TJ flares and doing some trimming or getting Warn flares (if you need to cover the tires), as they are much more durable.

Back