05 factory fog light wiring

bs1946

TJ Factory Fog Light Cables
I have a 2005 Unlimited that came with factory fog lights. One light was missing, so the dealer removed the other light before I took delivery. Everything else is on the Jeep, relay, fuse, and factory switch on the light stalk. There is a female connector under the front fender on each cable that also connects to the turn signal and marker lights. It is my understanding that this connector is for the factory fog lights. I ordered a Mopar OEM fog light kit from Autotrucktoys.com that was supposed to have everything I needed but the connectors and cabling were different. The cable on the fog light was long enough to reach the connector under the fender but it also had a female connector which was not even the same type of connector. My question for someone with a 2004-2006 LJ or TJ that came with fog lights wired from the factory is.

1. Do your fog lights have a cable that reaches the connector under the fender or?
2. Is there a small cable with the right connectors that goes between the fog light and fender connector?

Thanks for any help with this

The factory wiring for the fog lamps on a TJ is routed along with the side marker lamp harness. If the Jeep was purchased without the option on the later models of the TJ, the connector would still be there taped onto the wire. When the option is chosen as an after thought, all that needs to be done is to remove the tape on the connector and plug in the OEM lamps after they are mounted and the multifunction switch will need to be replaced with the fog lamp option. On the later TJ models however, there was a change in the foglamp design. The newer design has a more bulkier lamp housing and came with a patch harness connector.

One of the fog lights was on the Jeep when I first looked at it. Seems the dealer decided to toss it rather than replace the missing one. All of the wiring between the fenders and the light stalk is in place and works. I'm beginning to think that the cable on the fog light is long enough to reach the connector under the fender. I found that Quadratrac carries extension cables if you want to move the lights to another location. I also noticed that they have KC HiLite exact replacement fog lamps with the cable and connector attached. The part number for the 05-06 TJ/LJ is different than the 97-04 models. The lights are also $50 less than what the dealer wants for two OEM replacements.

Back