4.0L Multiple Cylinder misfire

I had a set of the E3 spark plugs in my 2002. When I put them in I noticed a little miss in the engine. also My fuel consumption went up. After reading about the E3 problems I changed mine out. The miss disappeared. But then I pulled a p0138 code O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 High voltage. Sometimes you just cant win. Anyone know which bank is which?

I had a set of the E3 spark plugs in my 2002. When I put them in I noticed a little miss in the engine. also My fuel consumption went up. After reading about the E3 problems I changed mine out. The miss disappeared. But then I pulled a p0138 code O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 High voltage. Sometimes you just cant win. Anyone know which bank is which?

Bank 1 is closer to the radiator and sensor 2 is post the mini CAT. First reset the codes and see if it returns. Then if it returns,Check the wiring.. It might be shorted. Or the sensor bight be bad.

Some 4.0 L motors are prone to head gasket and cam repairs. it might be your camshaft sense you have already addressed the headgasket.. just saying.

Back