help i have a weird tapping or clicking when its in drive after a long drive

Low2ground1

ok so i tired changing oil and adding the lifter stuff in i did that and add ainti freeze the noise is more coming from the back side of the engine and more on drivers side ONLY TICKS OR CLICKS WHEN IT IS IN DRIVE OR REVERSE OR WHEN YOUR GIVING IT GAS MORE TOWORDS BACK SIDE OF ENGINE i drove it a lil longer than ussual and then it started when it ticks my oil preasure drops to allmost 0 with new oil so people help me out lol i just bought it friday and its 90 degrees and i wanna drive it
image-missing.png

OK, a few questions:

1. Do you hear the ticking when the vehicle is not moving (i.e. when you put it in drive or reverse, and keep the brake on).

2. Does the ticking change / speed up with the engine RPMs?

3. How many miles?

"when it ticks my oil preasure drops to allmost 0 "

Not good. I'd put a mechinical oil gauge on it and see what's up. It does sould like an oil pressure problem, though. And you don't want to drive it like that. Best of luck - John

"when it ticks my oil preasure drops to allmost 0 "

Not good. I'd put a mechinical oil gauge on it and see what's up. It does sould like an oil pressure problem, though. And you don't want to drive it like that. Best of luck - John

X2. The tell tale signs of the symptoms you described indicates a true failure in the lubrication system as opposed to a failed oil pressure sending unit. There are several possibilities that would cause this. Either way you look at it, it would be a major task of inspecting the hyraulic tappets, cam and crank bearings and the oil pump.

it ticks when its warm engine also ticks if you press on the gass and floor it but if you start going it ticks to bout 3rd gear ish and fades away then comes back when your stoped at the light and in gear but doesnt tick at all when its in park even if you rev the motor first thing probley is going to oil pump screen and do the bearings on the bottom have of engine

Back