died while driving then restarted before I came to a stop?

95XJCountry

last week after raining, started missing, almost cut out, then was ok. drove 3 hours & ok, 3days l8tr 30min into drive, cut out while driving. I was at 85mph with radio & ac on. ac leaking. All electric went off & eng died out. was just coasting & at 20mph it all kicked back on. No guages erratic, etc. *month ago had to replace alernator so I know the ck eng lite and volt guage etc works. didnt happen again next 100mi home but running a little rough @ times, & about every 20mi it surges at 2000rpm, up to 2200. Any ideas? I need to drive this thing 2 hours wednesday. I have a full tune up kit and wires in the garage but right now Im thinking somewhere between a MAF, O2, Ign Mod? Curious if something could signal the ECM to just shut the truck down.

It sound's more like a bad connection in the ignition system. Loosing continuity for the electrical system that supplies power to all the nescessary modules to keep the engine running is like turning the key on the off position. Check the connections from the ignition, battery, PDC(fuse box) and all the grounds in the engine compartment.

Back