i got an 88 yj and i got questions

strykersdaddy

ok i was out wheelin and tore the mounts for the front shackels off. ok i got a reversal kit welded it got that done. i put a high steer kit on witch i had to change the brakes on the passenger side to a 91 for the high steer kit to work. ok . so now my brake is locked up on that side. could it be because i didnt change the pads on the other side or is my new caliper shot? next question i heard a friend getting axles out of cherikets(sorry bad speller)does anyone know what years i can use? and i need to raise the rearend now cause of the reversal kit, sould i use a shackel or add-a-leaf? thanks freinds i need some help to gett back out there

Allan,
Welcome to Jeepz.com.

Is the 1991 caliper required by the high steer for a clearance issue?

You shouldn't have to change the pads for the brakes to work, but I would - they are cheap enough, and you really should have matching pads at the same level of wear.

Why did you have to change the brakes in order for highsteer to work? Is it because you changed the entire steering knuckle?

Make sure both the caliper and rotor are for a '91 and that the steering knuckle you are using is for a '91 brake setup. There were enough changes in the brakes over the years that any mismatch of parts may cause the caliper to be misaligned on the rotor, causing it to seem locked up when the wheel is mounted.

Back