78 CJ7 Project Jeep

bushpilot

Well here we go. I am starting with this 78 CJ7, 258 6cyl, TH400 quadra-trac. Not a bad starting point, all this for $2000 and i drove it home. First thing I had to have it in 4 wheel drive to go as the axle had spun the hub no problem typical AMC 20 problem. Then after checking the numbers I find a 232 not a 258 again no problem really. this was 4 yrs ago now I finaly have most of the parts to do it the way I want. upgrades include 4.3 V-6, GM TH400, Dana 20 transfer case and of course a handful of other goodies hope to post pics as we go. Oh yes after I started the work my friend who had the nice house with an arcraft hanger got divorced and no more great place to work on it now in my car port now I just have to listen to the association

Sounds like a great start. Be sure to post some photos.

cool!! I myself just picked up a 79 CJ7 258 auto with quadratrac. I never knew they put that in the CJ

I agree with the photos request. I find that they give me great ideas on how to do things.

good luck on that association. I've had my run in's with them folks before. Thankfully no longer live in an area with associations.

Back