CJ7 Snorkel

82CJ7JEEP

Good afternoon Gentlemen, I searched through the archives and was unable to locate any previous chats that addressed installing a snorkel in a CJ that has had a v-8 swap. I have a AMC 360 with a 500CFM Holley on it right now. Does anyone have pics or information on where I can find the mounting plate for the carb? Once i get that I think I could fab the rest (have a friend that welds and has plenty of 3" stainless). As usual thanks for any assistance you can provide.

I own 3 cj7's that be cool to do.let me know if it works.

you may find something here,would have to fabricate from scratch but lots of pieces herehttp://www.spectreperformance.com/#HOME

Thanks for the link Sid. I will check it out. If I can find a way to fab one up I will post pics to the site.

<- not a fan of snorkles.. especially with a Carb

if you are in water deep enought to get into your carb... you will have other issues as well, vent tubes, electronics etc..

Jps, that is a valid point, I am looking at the snorkel mainly for my son. The jeep is a project for he and I, it is not a daily driver only comes out to play. He went out a couple weeks ago and stalled it after a mud hole. I believe it is due to the mechanical fan basically acting like a propeller and spraying back onto the motor. The motor is a V-8 conversion, at this time there is only one vent tube I will have to worry about. I would not come close to passing a vehicle emissions inspection but thank goodness we don't have them in Fl. I am also looking into an electrical fan that we can turn off when we hit deep water/mud. If I don't experience the problem after the electrical fan is installed, the snorkel will probably go bye bye. Thanks for the info.

Back