engine,trans combo. for my jeep build?

Thx for replying Tommy , but I found the motor combo about a month ago I'm going to use. Thx again.

To many options. I'm having a hard time narrowing it down. 6cyl 8cyl 4cyl? Ford chevy amc? I'm having a hard time choosing. 70% daily driving 30% off road. What's the right set up for 35-37" tires. To much to look at on craigslist list. I want something I can grow with. Meaning, I don't need to get it done right away and I want to do it right without spending a small fortune. I guess I just need to comit. But what's the right motor? what's the right trans? Feeling a little overwhelmed. There's got to be a simpler way to make decision. You know like get this motor and this trans, boom that simple.
I wish their was a list for what would work!!
I plan to do something to my 47 Willys. It came to me with a ford 6 cyl and it is good for me but old. I have a new HP Chevy 350 and a turbo 350 and a co. has a adapter plate for it. But will it fit and how much more will I need. On the Ford 390, I have one in a 15000 lb RV and I moves out good, but It has a 5 speed manual with OD and compound low, it's not fast!

I herd the T 90 bolts to a ford small block, (does this also mean the 6 Cly in my 47 also?) or did the PO do some extra work to make it fit?
To fit a Chevy 350 or anything thing else, the trans has to be a 4W drive unit, then use an adapter plate to fit it to a DANA 18 or =?
Dano: we will get this figured out soon I hope!!

Back