XRF ball joints

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone here used XRF ball joints before? I've read on other sites that they are pretty good, and for $100 shipped for 4 it sounds like a good deal.

I just ordered a set of moog off of amazon for $230, and I'm tempted to cancel the order and try the XRF.

XRF Chassis | Automotive and Heavy Duty Chassis Parts | Ball Joints

XRF-balljoint2.jpg

XRF ball joints are built to perform under the most severe conditions like the oil patch and logging sites.

XRF Ball Joint Features:
  • Cold forged ball stud of SAE4140 steel
  • Stud heat treatment for omni-directional strength
  • Triple lip boot seal to keep grease in and dirt out
  • Forged housings of SAE1045 steel give XRF ball joints the extra strength to have almost double the stud pull-out strength of our competitors
  • XRF Zero-Lash ball joints have a ball stud that is fully encapsulated in a high strength acetel bearing offering superior load disbusement and longer life.
FA1633-2.jpg

Here's the place where you can pickup a set:

XRF Lower Ball Joint,FA1633 - The Tire Club

Resurrecting my own old thread, but I wanted to update this. I received the ball joints from XRF, and they looked great, and appeared pretty stiff.

I had a heck of a time trying to install them. they would not fit into the knuckle completely, and did not include any plug or 90 degree elbow. I ended up sending them back to thetireclub. I bought a set of moog ball joints and they went in smoothly.

Still waiting on my refund...

personally I think they are way overkill. in my trail jeep, when I had a D30, I replaced the stock ball joints at about 80K miles and I tortured those ball joints. in the current D44 that is under the jeep, again, I simply am using a stock replacement premium NAPA ball joint and it has 6 years of abuse. I happen to inspect them the other day when I was swapping front springs and they are still as tight as a bulls arse during fly season.

so cliff notes, stock replacement premium ball joints should be fine, save the extra money for something else. (like an axle with King Pins!)

Back