air shocks

newjeeper

Has anyone thought about or used air shocks to get a couple more inches ? Good idea or bad . lat me know what you think .

edited by: newjeeper, Feb 19, 2003 - 10:25 PM[addsig]

I have air shocks on my XJ due to the sagging leafs, rides nice and gained several inches also i've hauled the boat and camper with no problems. Advanced Auto Parts has them for $65........Bullet[addsig]

Man I have not even thought of Air Shocks since the late 70's. Had an olds 442 with the air shocks and wide ovals in the back and narrow tires in the front. Forgot all about air shocks thats funny but they did work and bet they still will to. Tug :lol: [addsig]

tug you had a 442....now you really are my hero....except for the democrap thing... :lol: :lol: :lol: [addsig]

I have air shocks... I LOVE THEM... they have never posed any sort of problem for me... the adjustability is great... and when I get my compressor... I can put an adjustable valve plumbed into the lines... I suggest them... they are excellent[addsig]

Damn, I just put new gas shocks in my YJ, I use air shocks in the back of my 67 stang, they work great but if you inflate them to the max the ride gets a little bouncy... but we are talking about a 35 year old car. I should have gotten air shocks in my JEEP! What the heck was I thinking, I wonder if I can take em back... hmm maybe I can con pep boys into switching them for free.[addsig]

joopin - you sure can! go down, and throw down cash for the air shocks... then, take off your current ones and throw them in the box the air shocks came in. return the old shocks in the new box and spend no money! :) lol... dont let me tell you how often i do that...! :) lol[addsig]

dingus, don't you think they would notice that there are gas shocks in the air shocks box? I've only had them on for 3 weeks so I will just bring it back and tell them the shocks are defective and put air shocks on... [addsig]

Now I know why automotive parts are so expensive. :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( [addsig]

Air Shock brands any better than others? This is a good idea for my sons ford ranger to get it up in the air just a bit. He needs shocks anyway. tug[addsig]

Tug the brand i'm using are Shock-Max and come with a 2yr replacement, They come with plenty of air line and work great.........Bullet[addsig]

Gabriel used to make, the shocks for Sears, on contract, and they were cheaper at Sears. Seemed to be well made, I rarley managed to break any.[addsig]

Back