suspension flex

cali_92

sorry if i lured you in with the title but im just curious if anyone can answer why doesnt my suspension flex very well. what i mean is i see pictures and videos of jeepers with the suspention at crazy angles. like the pic right here.-->
is it just a yj thing that they dont flex very well. did i put on to stiff of springs. or is it just because their new and i just need to break them in a little more!

well first of all leaf springs arent the best for flexing, although you can make them decent. You might want to break them in a little more before they will flex, if they are new then they are probably still really stiff

Flatter springs flex better, so your 4" lift springs aren't the best for axle articulation.

There are things to check to make sure your suspension is working properly. Check the shackle bolts and make sure they're not overly tight. Nylock nuts work well to run snug but not tight on the shackles. Also make sure the bushing sleeves are not seized in the leaf springs.

Remove both front and rear track bars as well as the swaybar. If the suspension is as stiff as you describe, you will notice very little change in onroad behavior.
Moon6-1.jpg

Remove both front and rear track bars as well as the swaybar. If the suspension is as stiff as you describe, you will notice very little change in onroad behavior.

Do the YJs have a track bar? I know my CJs didn't, they just had the swaybar up front. I didn't think they were need on a leaf spring setup.

Back