Some more TFI questions

JRUK

Hi there,

Can anybody tell me the the following:

a) After the upgrade, can I use the same type of spark plugs that I normally use with the standard ignition, or do I need a different type of spark plug?

b) There is a mention of a resistor that you can buy seperately, suitable for the IC24 coil. Do I need this or is the standard built in resistor of the original coil sufficient?

Thanks,

Rene

a) Yeah, you can use the same type of plugs, just be sure to open the gap a little more

b) Not sure about this, I didn't have to use any extra resistor, just the coil.

hope this helps,
Terry

------------------
'85 CJ-7 - 33s, total of 4.5" lift, TFI ignition, plus more. Click here to see it

Oops,

And another one...

What about the Mr Gasket springs? Are they a neccesity or can you keep the original ones?

I doubt whether I can get those springs over here in th U.K., but if neccesary I'll try to get hold of them...

Rene

I had originally heard that it was good to put them in, and I bought them, but after talking to several people, I decided not to install them (mainly because I was lazy, and wasn't clear that it would make a big differance). So the answer to your question is no, you don't have to install the springs.

Terry

------------------
'85 CJ-7 - 33s, total of 4.5" lift, TFI ignition, plus more. Click here to see it

Back