Jeep Seats

$1500.00yj

Anyone know where to get a decent deal on new seats? I have 90 yj and the seats are shot and the drives side frame broke so my wife cant drive it help![addsig]

I feel your pain. Literally. My seats aren't showroom floor new anymore either. Here's the goods on seats. Factory used Jeep seats are worth more than a dump truck full of crack in the hood. Even used...most places want around $200/ea. Best deal I think would be to go with new Bestop seats...depending on how fancy you want to go...it's the same price and they are new. Others here say that you can put Mustang seats in the Jeep with small mods (redrilling some holes). If you want to go that way, rumor has it that it is much cheaper, but that would ruin my whole Calvin pissing on Ford thing I have going on. J/K. I'd never put one of those stickers on my ride...or any sticker for that matter. But I'm not a fan of using too much alternative engineering on my Jeep, so I think that I'm going to go with new seats. It's a little more expensive...but I'm a full believer of you get what you pay for. I believe that Quadratec had the best deal...or at least lesser likely to stick it to you. Best of luck.[addsig]

I agree with Natty about the seats. I just got done putting in the Bestop Trailmax Pro, which ended up being $253 each. But then they get you because you have to buy the adapter at $60 a piece. Overall I would say it was worth it, I really enjoy the new seats compared to the old stock ones. They feel alot more stable specially when going off road. Right now if you looking at some inexpensive seats Quadratec has some reasonable ones on pg. 43 of the new spring catalog at $130.95 ea. Hope this helps[addsig]

Mid 80's Mustang seats bolt directly in from what I understand. I'll see if I can locate the article.[addsig]

I hate fords, but I put the mustang seats in my jeep, you can't even tell once you put a good set of seat covers on them. Paid right around 80.00 for both,spent the rest on flo-masters.Someone posted that article from the web on here about a month ago, the article shows you step by step how to do it. Tug was going to check into it for all of you. 86-94 mustang seats fit 76-94 jeeps. Wish I could get some pics on here to show you all, but I don't know how to do that yet. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cool:

edited by: monsterrd, Feb 23, 2003 - 01:04 PM[addsig]

Go to http:/www.jeepaholics.com/tech/mustangseats/mustangseats.htm This is the article I saw, followed the instructions there, fit in my jeep real nice. The article has pics and instructions. :cool: :cool: :cool: [addsig]

Thanks All I think I will go for the new bestop seats. I bet the shipping is a killer.....[addsig]

Before you do at least check out the Mustang seats in your local Junk Yards sorry Auto Salvage Yardsbut you know a salvage yard dog just dont ring as scary as a junk yard dog does. I am going to look at several sets this week. After Phone calls I fine they are running from 150.00 per set to 75.00 per set. Now all I have to do is fine the set I like best and bolt em in. Years 86 thur 94 I think will fit. Add a set of Wet Okleys this summer and go. No shipping cost to deal with. Tug :cool: [addsig]

I checked e-bay before I went to the boneyards, some guys on e-bay want 300.00 for ripped up junk seats that I wouldn't put in a flophouse,let alone my jeep. :lol: :lol: :lol: [addsig]

You could be putting more money into goodies for your jeep.[addsig]

My partners Yj had seat problems. After pricing replacements, we decided first to remove the factory covers (Simple zipper) and padding. It was a broken weld. I fired up the mig, repaired and reinforced it, reinstalled the cover and it's been years without problems. I even went as far as to beef the passenger seat welds for a extra piece of mind.[addsig]

Back