91 yj tcase vacuum diagram?

jersey91yj

hey all i'm new here.. just wondering does any1 have a link for a t-case switch vacuum line diagram for a 91 wrangler I6 4.0? my lines hit my exhaust and melted . since the are all black i don't know which 1 goes where. any help is appreciated...thanks.. rico

just get rid of all the vacume stuff its a hassle anyways

which vacuum unit do you have on the front axle and you are carb'd right?

i just did the lines on the wife's 93, like an hour ago. when you look at the transfer case switch, there are two tangs that make it so you can't put the rubber plug on it wrong. that port between the two tangs is the one that the vacuum line from your manifold goes to. the one straight across from that port is the one for the vent. the other two are your lines for the front axle. when you have the jeep running and the transfer case is in 2h, the line with vacuum goes on the side of the axle vacuum unit that is nearest the wheel. when you put it in 4h or 4l, the line with vacuum is teh line that goes on the port nearest the differential

VacuumDiagram1995YJ-1.jpg

which vacuum unit do you have on the front axle and you are carb'd right?
The '91 is MPFI just like the '93, with the same front axle.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

thanks for the replies.. hey superj. no its not carb'd.. thats why i dont know what is what.. all the air lines coming from the t-case switch are black.. every other diagram i come across always shows colored lines. i guess those are diagrams for carb'd models??

from what I've seen the vacuum source from the manifold is a red line, the vent to beneath the battery is a blue line, and the two to the front axle are black lines.

I redid all the ones on the wife's wrangler to black rubber lines. Once you lay ubder it, you'll see how easy it is to swap and what is what

Back