Can you fit a car seat in the back of an older wrangler?

deadlift560

Debated trading my 97 Cherokee for a wrangler but have a one yr old in a front facin car seat and a new baby coming in august. Have been told I could fit the seats in on the side but would have to put the infant seat in first, then the baby. Looking for opinions from my fellow jeep maniacs :) people I know I can trust and won't steer me wrong

I really don't think it'd be bad bc the back seats of the Cherokee are not that big and I could fit it in. I'm gonna assume it would be just like a 2 dr coupe, but figured I'd ask y'alls opinion. Thanks guys and gals!

The seat will fit,but puting them in & out may be tight because of the height & lack of a back door. I think your best bet is to take the seats with you when you go for a test drive & see if you think it's not too much hassle.When I bought my first CJ5(about a million years ago) my son was 6mo old & part of the test drive was to make sure he could ride in the back seat safely...he fell asleep in about a block,I bought the CJ & have never wanted to be without a Jeep since.

I'd stay with the Cherokee, that way you have a solid roof and all, plus a full size seat. The seat in the back of a Wrangler is narrow and would not likely fit two child car seats. Plus getting the seats and kids into the wrangler would b a real chore.

Back