Ghost in my Turn Signal

JeepinItaly

Hi.. new to this forum... short background.. stationed in Italy.. what better to run over fiats and opels with than my 97 TJ! After gobbling up a few cinque centos and fiats, I have developed a small unproblem. The right turn signal "ghosts". It's not bleed over from another blub or some mystery source of light.. the panel indicator comes half way on after I make the first right turn of the day. It isn't actuating the blinker relay, but I am getting bleed current from somewhere. If I play around with the turn signal control I can manage to get the light off so I think it's a problem in the switch.. but I'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem? Happy Trails! Ciao[addsig]

I would just get a new signal switch and give it a try. They are not very expensive. Thanks for joining us here at Jeepz. What branch of the service are you in. We have a bunch of active members of the armed service here and you guys are all well respected and appreciated by many if not all here. God bless you for serving! My family is very milatary minded as my wife was in the Pursain Gulf last time as a MASH Nurse. I was in the Army Infantry and son is going coast gaurd very soon. Hope you loose the ghost. Tug[addsig]

Welcome to the board. I was just in Italy this past summer and loved it. What part are you stationed in? Anyway, I'm having the same problem with my '97. Every so often when I use the turn signal, it clicks off after the turn, but the signal light glows. All I have to do is wiggle it to get it to go off. I imagine it's just the switch locking up on the return a bit. Haven't figured out a way to fix it, but I'm not going to worry about it til the 'wiggle technique' stops working. Sorry that doesn't help, but misery enjoys company right?[addsig]

Thank you for your service. I am going to a freedom rally one monday (in Oklahoma) to show support of our troops over seas. I have a sign on my jeep that says "pro America support our troops". I think we all need to let them know we are behind them.

edited by: n2jeeps, Feb 27, 2003 - 09:40 PM[addsig]

Back