anyone out there have a small block chevy in there CJ7

harletaz

looking to see if anyone out there has a small block chevy in there jeep. mainly looking for what did you use for motor mounts. reason i am asking is because i got a jeep with a chevy small block in it and the passenger side header is very close to the frame. Also trying to find out what type headers you have installed, shorties or regular? I am trying to put a shackle reverse kit on and there is no room to get the rear bracket where it needs to be. any help or info would be great.
[addsig]

I have a small block in my 86 CJ-7. I used Mountain Offroad's (M.O.R.E) 'bomb-proof' motor mounts. They are by far the strongest and easiest to use. I also used High Performance Coating's 'No- Leaker' block hugger headers.(To see them go to hpcoatings.com) The header problem you're describing is commonplace. The best solution is to go with a 'block hugger style'.
image-missing.png

[addsig]

thanks for the reply.... I went to the web site but it looks like they just do coatings on hearders and stuff. Can you suggest anywhere else I can purchase a block hugger style header. I was going to try to heat the header up a little and attempt to bend it in about a 1/2". Wgat are your thoughts on that????
[addsig]

I too have the M.O.R.E boomproof motor munts, Don't hav ehte 327 though. Just the 264 (258 bored over) Gota say, those motor mounts are SWEET! Anyone having problems with their stock motor mounts continually breaking (has something worng to start with) should consider getting a pair of these. You'll never break them!

Later.....

[addsig]

Back