power to the yj fuel pump question

tailights24

1993 wrangler 4.2 / 4.0 conversion. trying to trouble shoot the wiring for the fuel pump. ignition to on, fuel pump runs for a second or two. unplug the crank sensor and plug back in, fuel pump runs for a second or two. unplug distrubutor and plug back in, fuel pump runs for a second or two.
fuel pump will not run while motor is turning over. checked fuel pump relay, and shut down relay, am i over looking something?

You hooked everything back uo exactly in your engine conversion?

Which engine did you swap to? A 4.0 or 4.2 and from what did you have originally?

My 87 is a 4.2 and the wife's ex 93 was a 4.0 is why I am asking the particulars on your motor swap. you obviously stayed with the fuel injection so your wiring should be totally stock, right

unclear as to what your swapping, a 93 YJ would have had a 4.0 stock..

regardless, are you checking the lines for pressure, just because the pump makes a sound,doesn't mean it is resurizing the line. the pump has a small hose inside that connects the pump to the diaphram, they have been known to come off quite easily. I suggest relieving the fuel line pressure, put a guage on the shrader valve, checking the line for ignition, and starting conditions.

Back