How to lower windshield on aTJ

Nick.bliss

Hi all, I am a TJ jeep owner in the UK and would like to know how to lower the windshield or as us Brits call it "windscreen". I use the jeep for hunting at night with a lamp and it would be great to lower the wind shield to allow the passenger to shoot from the passengers seat. I bought the Jeep on eBay 6 months ago. I have had a few 4x4's in my time but this is about as much fun you can have off road, I love it!! Does anyone have any idea or any known issues with lowering the windshield? I have seen a good video on youtube on how to lower the windshield on a cj but on looking at the TJ it appears that it may be easier to do?

Thanks in advance

Do you have your owners manual? It has a good description with pics in there. Only issue I could see is lack of any protection should you roll. When you drop the windshield the roll bar is not connected to anything.

What Year TJ??

Last edited:
JPNinPA said:
Do you have your owners manual? It has a good description with pics in there. Only issue I could see is lack of any protection should you roll. When you drom the windshielt teh roll bar is not connected to anything.

What Year TJ??

Thanks for the info, I do not have an owners manual but will have a look on the web for an E Book. Yes aware of the roll over risk but most of the driving at night is at low speed and mainly on the flat certainly no testing 4x4 trails.

Thanks again

Back