TJ Half door problems

ddamico

I wanted to start by saying hello and that this website is great! OK, now down to business. I bought my first Jeep back in August of 2002 and I LOVE it! I recently bought a set of half door for my Jeep from eBay and when I went to put them on they did not align properly. Does anyone know if the doors can be adjusted in any way or did this guy sell me a set of doors I can’t use? My Jeep is a 2002 and the doors were supposedly from a 2001 TJ. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :-? [addsig]

Is there a big discrepancy with the door fit or is it just a matter of the door not hitting the 'catch' properly? If it's the latter, you should be able to make that work...

Sorry, I can't offer much more help, but welcome to the board! :) [addsig]

You are going to have to line up your hinges on the jeep or the doors or both to match. When I bought my 95 doors to go on my 87 Jeep they were far from lined up. I too stainless steel washers and placed then between the hinges to get the effect I neede. When I paint the Jeep I will loosen the hinges and do it right. As for now it is a make do thing. Good Luck Tug :-D [addsig]

Yeah the doors fit nice but they do not hit the catch properly. So what you are saying is that if I loosen the hinges on the doors it will allow me to adjust them as needed? Thanks for all the advice so far![addsig]

What tug is probably talking about is that he took the doors off and put some washers on the door studs to use as a spacer to raise the doors up enough to make the latch and door catch line up. You might have to do something of this sort.

Oh yeah, you can adjust the doors by loosening the hinges but it will look ugly because the door might not painted under the hinges and when you move them you will expose the unpainted surface. Plus that you risk the fact of messing up the paint job by removing the hinges because you might take some paint off with the hinge.

edited by: RayOvac, Mar 02, 2003 - 01:40 AM[addsig]

I just wanted to say thanks for the advice. I was able to adjust the hinges and the doors shut properly now. It did expose the unpainted finish underneath the hinges but a little touch up paint will fix that. Now I just need warm weather and I can put the new doors on.

:-D

edited by: ddamico, Mar 05, 2003 - 05:44 PM[addsig]

Re: RE: thanks

Has anyone else noticed that ddamico's posts aren't showing on his post count?

Wierd.

When I adjusted mine for my old Jeep it was a p.i.t.a.
I had to adjust the hinges and the strikers.
Hope it went better for you.

TwistedCopper said:
Has anyone else noticed that ddamico's posts aren't showing on his post count?

Wierd.

There must be somekind of bug on this thread.
I saw your post under recent posts (Home page) and it read:
" RE: 1058193 "

All of the subject lines have a number. I think this one is just messed up.

EDIT:::

I figured it out. It's an old post from '03 -before the software update. He's just an old poster who hasn't had any activity recently.

Back