Bonehead moment regarding seat risers

Turbogus

Hi gang,
When I first got 'Betty' she had a pair of high hip plastic seats

sumg1100_cp-1.jpg

that made it difficult given the steering sheel to get in and out of her. So it was that I bought a couple of cheap Chinese knock offs of Corbeau's A4 seats.
image-missing.png

I fabbed a conversion plate out of steel and mounted 'em up. After a while the recliner gear on the driver side stripped out as the recliner was only supported on one side. I was flush at the time so I bought a genuine Corbeau A4. All was well until a rather bumpy off road trail ride the damn recliner gear stripped on this Corbeau too. Luchily the Corbau folks were right friendly and express mailed a replacement gear overnight. Since, I've mounted a wedge too keep the gear steady. This was all about four years ago, many other mods/repairs since then.
The passenger side retains the Chinese knock off, but with the folding forward seat bracket it rode about 5" higher than the driver side, thus my Japanese wife's feet were dangling when we went out. Had my birthday a few weeks ago so I went and plunked down the $95 for the correct Corbeau bracket
image-missing.png

and mounted it up yesterday, trouble was the holes weren't lining up with the seat so I had to drill holes corresponing to the seat. I was thinking of sending Corbeau some hate mail as I'd forgotten that this seat was still the made in China one. After all was said and done I was remarking to my wife about how ameteurish this was....then it slowly dawned on me that it wasn't a Corbeau seat I was mounting the bracket to............duuuuuhhhhhhh:scratch: some days I can feel those donkey ears spring up.

by the extent and effort you put into this thread and it turned out to amount to nothing, but letting every body know that your human like the rest of us,and was bored and drank way to much coffee.

Back