how to get faded hard top dark again

cali_92

got my windows tinted and it really brought out how oxidized my hard top is. anyone kno of good ways to get it dark again and stay that way for atleast for a few days... armorall fades in mins it feels like. i tried a marine wax and a few other things. nothing really working to well. maybe so tire spicy haha...
advice suggestions
thank you

I sanded mine down and used a gloss black krylon spray paint. It looks great for a rattle can job.

got my windows tinted and it really brought out how oxidized my hard top is. anyone kno of good ways to get it dark again and stay that way for atleast for a few days... armorall fades in mins it feels like. i tried a marine wax and a few other things. nothing really working to well. maybe so tire spicy haha...
advice suggestions
thank you

Brute labor!! You got to go to work on that thing! Sand it all down smooth and shoot it! It's the only way it will last!

haha alright 3 same answers. i'll take it.
this way it will b easy to match the half doors i have to paint with the top.
hope it doesnt look to good when im done.
thanks

Please post some pics of the finished job, I would like to see some before and afters because I may end up going this route as well. Good luck!

FYI, for the original textue look, i sanded the hardtop down, cleaned it, sprayed a truck bed liner in a rattle can from wal-mart, let dry, then sprayed the krylon gloss paint. It turned out looking like the original.

FYI, for the original textue look, i sanded the hardtop down, cleaned it, sprayed a truck bed liner in a rattle can from wal-mart, let dry, then sprayed the krylon gloss paint. It turned out looking like the original.

alright cool. thank you

Back