84 cj7 won't start

VBFD343

I have a 84 cj would not start replaced ignition mod. Starter, starter solenoid, new battery, cables. Turn key to a/c position reads 14. Move to start no sound drops to 10. Thought the battery may have low charge so hooked jumper cables to battery went to start jeep acted like it wanted to start but did -not turn over. Tried to turn it off would not-stop trying to turn over had to remove battery cable. Anyone have any suggestions other than taking it to an electrical shop. Thanks in advance

I had some issues in the past kinda like yours, turned out to be a fuel pump. Not sure about the whole not trying to start thing, that just sounds strange being a new starter.

I'd check the ignition switch. Do you have a multimeter? If not, hit up a radio shack or ace and find a decent digital one. $20-$30. Then, google 'morrisjeep' ( I forget the URL) and go to the knowledge base section and find your schematic. Disconnect the starter cable, and measure voltage at each respective pin on the ign switch and see if you get what you should.

But I'd bet on the switch being hosed. Has anyone tried to start it w/ a screwdriver recently?

Back